Joint Manager, Senco & Practitioner
Poppleton under 5’s are looking for a self-motivated and experienced pre-school Manager / Early Years Practitioner to work alongside their current manager in a popular village pre-school. Are you passionate about working with children, hardworking and like feeling part of the community, if so then this is the role for you!
Duties will include:
- help manage the pre-school staff and setting
- work as an early years practitioner
- undertake the SENCO role
- help develop a strategy for expansion of the setting
- manage the staff file and training records
- health & safety and risk assessments
- help write and update a setting action plan
Qualification required to be considered for the role:
- A Level 4 or higher relevant early years and childcare qualification, and/or a Level 3 early years and childcare level of qualification and a wish to train to level 4 and beyond.
- Experience of working with children under 5 either in a pre-school or nursery provision.
- Experience in management and administration of a similar setting.
- Experience of working as a Senco preferred.
- A sound understanding of child development and individual children’s care, emotionally, physically and holistically.
- Ability to plan and implement policies and procedures.
- Ability to plan and implement Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) learning and development curriculum.
- Ability to work well in a team and to lead and motivate colleagues.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with parents/carers.
- Commitment to equal opportunities and inclusion.
Methodist School Rooms, The Green, Upper Poppleton, YO26 6DD
Working Hours :
Session times are term time only. To start with the following sessions, but looking to increase this from November 2021.
- Monday – 8.30 am to 3.45 pm
- Wednesday 8.30 am to 12.15 pm
- Friday – 8.30 to 12.30 pm
Management time: 4 hours per week
Senco time: hours to be agreed as required and paid as overtime.
How to apply:
Please contact us either by phone on 07957 815596 or by email at email@example.com for an application form.
**Closing date for applications is Tuesday 20 July 2021 with interviews being carried out Tuesday 27 July 2021.
Safeguarding statement: Poppleton Under 5s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. It is a requirement of all staff that they share this commitment and follow the prescribed policy and procedures to continuously promote a culture of safeguarding across the whole organisation.
Poppleton Under 5s is an equal opportunities employer.